Jason primarily practices in the areas of civil litigation, insurance defense, toxic tort (asbestos) defense, trucking and transportation, small business counseling and business formation. He is a member of the Firm’s Rapid Response Team, available 24/7 for catastrophic accident investigation.
Jason has tried cases to verdict in both Superior and District court. He has represented clients in North Carolina appellate cases. He has assisted business clients with regulatory issues and business formation. He provides legal counsel on a variety of areas affecting small businesses.
He is licensed to practice in all federal and state courts in North Carolina.
Jason was selected as a 2015 North Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star.
In 2012, Jason was elected to a two year term of office to represent the State of North Carolina to the American Bar Association's Young Lawyers Council and Assembly. His role was to serve as a liaison between the ABA and North Carolina affiliate chapters and to assist in the development of policies for the ABA Young Lawyer Division. He also served as the statewide Disaster Legal Services representative for North Carolina in which his duties were to coordinate the provision of legal services to survivors after a federal emergency.
Jason has also served in the leadership of the North Carolina Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division. He previously served as a committee chair and a division director where he oversaw five committees. In June 2015, he was elected to serve as Secretary of the NCBA YLD. He has volunteered for a number of NCBA YLD projects, including Wills for Heroes, which provides basic wills for North Carolina first responders.
Jason lives in Winston-Salem with his wife, Nina, and son.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
Professional and Community Activities
- ABA Young Lawyers Division, District Representative (2012-2014), Council Member
- Disaster Legal Services Representative for North Carolina (2012-2014)
- NC Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Committee Chair (2008-09), Division Director (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Administrative Director (2014-2015), Secretary (2015-2016)
- High Point University Alumni Association Board of Directors
- High Point University Board of Visitors
- Adjunct Professor of Political Science at High Point University
- First Presbyterian Church of Winston-Salem
- Ward v. Buckeye Homeowner's Ass'n, No. COA11-3, 2011 N.C. App. LEXIS 1312 (N.C. Ct. App. June 7, 2011)